Phone: (424) 262-9617
Contact us for a FREE consultation! We typically respond to phone calls and emails within 1-2 business days. If you don’t hear back, please message us again. We look forward to connecting with you!
We currently DO NOT have student observation, interview, internship, fieldwork, or employment opportunities. We occasionally have volunteer opportunities available.
We are closely monitoring the updates surrounding the COVID-19 outbreak and we want to share what SunDog Therapy is doing to keep all of our families safe and healthy. We are following recommendations from the CDC, California Department of Public Health, Los Angeles County Department of Public Health, and the Orange County Health Care Agency.
SunDog Therapy has limited in-person appointment slots available for OT, dog training, and private lessons. We are also continuing with virtual sessions. Please see below for our updated policies and procedures. We are taking the necessary precautions to reduce the spread of COVID-19 in our community.
Updated COVID-19 Policies and Procedures for In-Person Sessions:
- Sessions will take place outdoors when possible. Please dress for the weather.
- Face masks are required if not vaccinated against COVID-19 and are recommended if you are high risk or in contact with immunocompromised individuals.
- We will maintain social/physical distancing as much as possible.
- Frequent handwashing will be maintained. If handwashing is not accessible, I will have hand sanitizer available.
- If you or anyone you have been in close contact with is showing symptoms of illness or has tested positive for COVID-19, we ask that you stay at home and alert us as soon as possible. We will reschedule our session or switch to a virtual session. Please remember that it can take up to 14 days from exposure for symptoms to emerge. Symptoms may include cough, shortness of breath, fever, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, and new loss of taste or smell.
- Within 24 hours prior to our appointment, please check if the client or any household members are showing any symptoms of illness including taking your own temperature. If it is elevated (100 degrees Fahrenheit or more), or if you have other symptoms of COVID-19, we will cancel the appointment and reschedule for a later date.
- Clients are scheduled at least 30 minutes apart to minimize contact and for time to sanitize and clean in between sessions.
- According to the CDC and WHO, the risk of pets spreading COVID-19 to people or other pets is low. If you are feeling sick, avoid contact with pets and animals. Our therapy dogs will continue to be groomed and bathed regularly and will wear collars/leashes that can be easily sanitized.
- To cancel a session, please text or call 424-262-9617 or email email@example.com. The cancellation fee is waived if we are notified by phone or email anytime before the scheduled session time as opposed to the normal 24-hour policy. However, no-show fees are still in place.
For Our OT Clients:
- We have a limited number of in-person appointments available for OT.
- We will also be continuing with telehealth/teletherapy when appropriate. Teletherapy sessions take place using a HIPAA compliant platform. Teletherapy may include the therapist demonstrating activities first and then observing and providing feedback as clients perform the activities, directing parents to implement home programs, or consulting with clients/parents to problem-solve situations and plan activities to maintain progress towards therapeutic goals. These sessions may last between 30-60 minutes, 1-2 times per week. More details will be provided about teletherapy on a case-by-case basis.
For Our Recreational Class Clients:
- We offer both in-person and virtual private lessons for kids/teens (with your own dog or with our therapy dogs).
- Our group classes are on hold.
For Our Dog Training Clients:
- We offer both in-person (in your home, park, or other convenient location) and virtual private dog training lessons.
Additional COVID-19 Resources: