Dr. Karen Ni
Phone: (424) 262-9617
We are closely monitoring the updates surrounding the COVID-19 outbreak and we want to share what SunDog Therapy is doing to keep all of our families safe and healthy. We are following recommendations from the CDC, California Department of Public Health, and Orange County Health Care Agency.
As of June 2020, SunDog Therapy has limited in-person appointment slots available for OT, dog training, and private lessons. We are also continuing with virtual sessions. Please see below for our updated policies and procedures. We are taking the necessary precautions to reduce the spread of COVID-19 in our community.
Updated COVID-19 Policies and Procedures for In-Person Sessions:
- Sessions will take place outdoors. Please dress for the weather. There will be access to handwashing and restrooms. If possible, use your own restroom before arriving.
- Face coverings are required. This can be a cloth mask, bandana, neck gaiter, face shield, etc.
- We will maintain social/physical distancing (at least 6 feet apart) as much as possible.
- If you or anyone you have been in close contact with is showing symptoms of illness or has tested positive for COVID-19, we ask that you stay at home and alert us as soon as possible. We will reschedule our session or switch to a virtual session. Please remember that it can take up to 14 days from exposure for symptoms to emerge. Symptoms may include cough, shortness of breath, fever, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, and new loss of taste or smell.
- Within 24 hours of our appointment, we will ask if the client or any family members are showing any symptoms of illness. Please take your own temperature before coming to each appointment. If it is elevated (100 degrees Fahrenheit or more), or if you have other symptoms of COVID-19, we will cancel the appointment or proceed using virtual sessions.
- We will continue to follow handwashing recommendations of thoroughly washing hands with soap and water for 20 seconds at the beginning of each session, at the end, and in between as needed.
- We will also continue to use disinfecting wipes and sprays on all surfaces including doorknobs, faucets, light switches, countertops, tables, supplies, etc.
- Hand sanitizer, tissues, sanitizing wipes, and trash bins will be easily accessible.
- Clients are scheduled at least 30 minutes apart to minimize contact and for time to sanitize and clean in between sessions.
- According to the CDC and WHO, the risk of pets spreading COVID-19 to people or other pets is low. If you are feeling sick, avoid contact with pets and animals. Our therapy dogs will continue to be groomed and bathed regularly and will wear collars/leashes that can be easily sanitized.
- To cancel a session, please text or call 424-262-9617 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. There is no cancellation fee if we are notified by phone or email anytime before the scheduled session time as opposed to the normal 24-hour policy. However, no-show fees are still in place.
For Our OT Clients:
- We have a limited number of in-person appointments available for OT.
- We will also be continuing with telehealth/teletherapy when appropriate. Teletherapy sessions take place using a HIPAA compliant platform. Teletherapy may include the therapist demonstrating activities first and then observing and providing feedback as clients perform the activities, directing parents to implement home programs, or consulting with clients/parents to problem-solve situations and plan activities to maintain progress towards therapeutic goals. These sessions may last between 30-60 minutes, 1-2 times per week. More details will be provided about teletherapy on a case-by-case basis.
For Our Recreational Class Clients:
- We have a limited number of in-person appointments available for private lessons (with your own dog or with our therapy dogs).
- We also offer virtual private lessons for kids/teens to train their own dogs while staying at home.
For Our Dog Training Clients:
- We have a limited number of in-person appointments available for private dog training lessons.
- We are continuing with virtual dog training sessions which can be just as effective as in-person sessions. These are conducted via FaceTime, Zoom, Skype, Google Hangouts Meet or similar video platform.
Additional COVID-19 Resources:
Contact us for a FREE consultation! We typically respond to phone calls and emails within 1-2 business days. If you don’t hear back, please message us again. We look forward to connecting with you!
We currently do not have internship or fieldwork opportunities, but we occasionally have volunteer opportunities available.